According to the calendar, Spring is less than a week away! But, according to the view outside my window, it looks like we are stuck in a winter wonderland that one would expect to see in January! Has mother nature gone into stand up comedy?
Don’t let all this snow bring you down…put a positive spin on your snow day! For Brides-To-Be, it’s the perfect day to cross off a few items that may be lingering on their Wedding List. So bring it on, Mother Nature…we’ve got a whole list of fun “Bride Items” to do to make it through this storm.
- Crank the music! If you’re still deciding on whether to have a DJ or band and which one to choose, go onto You Tube or a music site like ReverbNation and check out the locals. You can spend the entire day listening to band after band to narrow down your choices.
- Dance the Day Away – Planning an epic first dance? A snow day is a good day to stay in your sweats and come up with the dance moves to your favorite, sentimental songs. Throw in some wine or beer and your fiancee may just be on board with you!
- Finalize Your Guest List – Sure you’re excited about your wedding, but give some careful thought and consideration on who you realistically want to invite (and how many guests you can afford to invite). Even though the girl at the coffee shop is super nice and gets your order right every time, don’t feel compelled to have to invite her to your wedding.
- Order Your Invitations or Write Them Out – Picking out the invitation that portrays your style and the theme of your wedding can take hours. A snow day is an excellent, uninterrupted day to take on that task! If you’re ready to address them, set up an assembly line on your table and enlist the help of your family or a few friends….if they can get there!
- Do Your Seating Chart – The calm of the snow falling should put you in a peaceful state of mind. Take some time and start arranging your seating chart. The sense of accomplishment of having tackled this difficult and dreadful job, will allow you to enjoy the upcoming spring weather without having to carve out time to do the seating chart when you’d rather be out for a run.
- Re-Arrange Your Seating Chart – Everyone knows the seating chart is never complete after the first attempt (or 2nd or 3rd)! So if your seating chart is already done, go back and take a second look and make sure that persnickety Aunt Patty isn’t sitting next to careless Cousin Sue to avoid Wedding Day drama!
- Honeymoon Shop – Who doesn’t love to do a little online shopping??? Nothing is better than picking out clothes for a sunny destination in the middle of a blizzard. It will certainly make the storm seem less horrific.
- Complete your Bridal Registry – Most stores now allow you to choose your Bridal Registry online instead of spending hours dredging through a store with a clip board. Sit back in your PJ’s and start clicking!
- Buy Bridesmaid and Groomsmen Gifts – There are so many sites available with unique ideas to show your appreciation for your Bridal Party. Sites like Pinterest, Etsy and beau-coup are full of ideas and gift options for your Bridesmaids. For the guys, CigarBox has a great selection of Cigars and Cigar Gift Packs and ManCrates is loaded with gifts from personalized growlers to travel and everything you can imagine in between.
- Write Your Vows – Snuggle up on the sofa and let your sentiments flow onto paper (or laptop). Watching the snow fall while writing your vows will give you a feeling of serenity without all the pressure of rushing to come up with vows on the night of your rehearsal.
Before you know it, the storm will have passed and spring will have sprung! If you are recently engaged and just starting to plan, give us a call at Capriotti’s. We have packages available for every budget and style. And keep in mind that Cortney, our Wedding Planner, is always available to answer questions and give suggestions to our Brides…no matter what the weather!