Congratulations on your Engagement! At Capriotti’s Palazzo, we know what an exciting time it is as the wedding planning process begins! Too many times that excitement gets diffused by all the stress and details that come along with planning for your big day! But don’t worry, it’s easy to get started. Just take a deep breath and get yourself organized. The best place to start is in choosing a date for your wedding. To select your perfect date, there are a few questions you may want to think about:
- Is there a specific date or month that is memorable to you and your fiancé?
- Is there a time of year or season you both prefer?
- Is there a specific local wedding venue where you would like to hold your wedding reception?
Many couples have found the best way to ease the anxiety of picking their date is to have some flexibility. Often they have a particular date in mind and get easily frustrated trying to coordinate that steadfast date with their ceremony and wedding reception venues. With flexibility, you open yourself up to:
- More options at the wedding reception venue you prefer
- Possible cost savings on choosing a Friday or Sunday with your venue, wedding vendors, and hotels
- Added incentives for booking on a Saturday during a less busy time of year
So relax and think about your options. Make a list of what is extremely important to you and what areas you are more flexible with. Do you prefer a spring or summer wedding or are you set on the month of May only? Does a Saturday work best or are you able to take advantage of Friday night wedding reception savings? Do you plan on honeymooning in the Caribbean and want to avoid the stormy months or take advantage of travel discounts during the off-season? These are just a few of the questions you and your partner should talk about before actually choosing your wedding date. Of course, Capriotti’s is always available to answer your wedding reception questions. And remember, no matter what day you choose, it will be the perfect date for your wedding!